On Monday, Jannie Staffansson (Sami) delivered the Indigenous Peoples Caucus Statement at the #UNFCCC Ad Hoc Working Group on the Paris Agreement (APA) opening Plenary. The statement raised recommendations for the future implementation of the Paris Agreement, as well as called upon the countries who signed onto the Geneva Pledge on Human Rights and Climate Change to establish a Working Group or a program on Human Rights and Climate Change within the UNFCCC process. The statement made at the APA session was one of four presented by the Indigenous Peoples Caucus on Monday at COP22 in Marrakech, Morocco. #IIPFCC #Saamicouncil #IndigenousCOP22
Shuttle Service to COP22 site (Bab Ighli)
Shuttle service in the city of Marrakech will be provided free of charge for all participants (on presentation of badge) from November 5 to 18 from 6am to midnight, according to the following schedule:
– Peak hours (7am-10am and 6pm-8pm): shuttle every 15 minutes
– Off-peak hours (6am-7am; 10am-6pm and 8pm-midnight): shuttle every hou
Greetings Sisters and Brothers,
We hope and believe that you are zipping up your bags and beginning your travels to Marrakesh, Morocco
We would like to update you all on the following:
- The Global IPs caucus will takes place on 6 November at the Meridien Hotel, Avenue Mohammed VI from 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
- The official opening of indigenous peoples and local communities pavilion will be on 8 November from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM at Green Zone.
- IPs Caucus daily meeting will take place from 9.00 AM-10.00 AM at room Arabian at Blue zone
We look forward to impacting the Climate Change processes and implementation of the Paris Agreement